Proper foot care is the key to preventing some neuropathy causes such as Athlete’s foot. Fungus likes to grow in damp places, so changing your shoes often and allowing them to dry out between uses is important.
Some additional ways to prevent burning feet include:
- Socks made of cotton rather than synthetic fabrics should be worn
- For mechanical problems (tired/overworked feet) look for good fitting shoes with support
- Avoid prolonged periods of standing or walking
- Shock absorbing insoles or cushioning may make standing more tolerable
- Magnetic therapy insoles can be helpful
- Light exercise, such as walking and massaging often improves circulation to the feet